Oily skin and greasy skincare routine.
Oily and greasy skin can be very troublesome and annoying to many people, especially for the people living in humid areas and summers. Our skin becomes oily when our sebaceous glands produce a lot of oil which can be due to hormonal changes then the skin becomes oily, you mostly notice oiliness on your, i.e. during puberty when you are a teenager and before mensuration as the hormones changes and you may see oiliness on your skin.
Now let’s see how we can tackle oily skin with a good skincare routine.
Steps for Oily skin care routine.
- Cleanser: Face wash, which contains salicylic acid (2%) is best to exfoliate the skin and reduce oily formulation on the face. I don’t recommend you to wash your face more than twice a day even if you have oily skin. Best way to apply face wash, especially when it is salicylic based. First, splash some water on your face and then use face wash and let it lather and leave it on about a minute, and then you can wash your face. I want to tell you if your skin is more sensitive, then always consult your dermatologist before using face wash containing salicylic acid. I would suggest to go for Kaya Clinic Acne Free Purifying Cleanser, which has Salicylic Acid for pimple-prone skin. It is one of the best face washes for pimple prone skin as this cleanser gently and thoroughly cleanses your pores and removes all the excess oil, dirt and impurities.This face wash contains Salicylic Acid which is one of the most effective ingredients for reducing acne or pimples and preventing future breakouts.
- Scrubs: I don’t recommend any scrubs if you are using a face wash containing salicylic acid then there is no need of any scrub, as the salicylic acid will take care of your skin and exfoliate the dead skin. I don’t recommend any scrub, even if you are not using a face wash containing salicylic acid, as the facial scrubs may harm the skin than any good. Especially when it has a gritty material, it may irritate the skin even more, and the acne on the skin gets more red and irritated. So avoid using scrubs.
- Toner: Oily skin doesn’t need toner as it has oil present on it already so toner is not much required, as many toners may contain alcohol which is not suitable for the skin, and irritate the skin. But some of the people with oily skin love to use a toner. In that case, I would suggest you use rose water. Take a cotton ball to add a few drops of rose water and gently dab on the face and let it dry and apply a moisturiser.
- Moisturiser: This is a significant mistake made by the people with oily skin that there is no need for moisturiser, as the skin is already oily. No, every skin needs to be moisturised as it helps repair and restoring the skin daily. The best moisturiser for oily skin is a gel-based oil-free moisturiser, so whenever you go for a moisturiser, look at the product details, which says oil-free and non-comedogenic a light gel-based moisturiser on your entire face. This should be used right after you wash your face when your face is still damp so that it seals the moisture, which results in soft and supple skin for a long time. I suggest the best moisturiser for oily skin is Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face With Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Prone. It is a non comedogenic face moisturizer for acne prone skin that helps effective moisturisation of your face and keep acne & pimples away. The Non Greasy Formula feels light on the face and is non-greasy. It nourishes your skin without making it look greasy. Its water repellant properties help in closing the pores & hydrating the skin effectively for longer time. One of the best moisturiser you can go for.
- Shampoo: People with oily skin will also have an oily scalp. It’s essential for you to regularly shampoo your hair or develop a lot of acne on your forehead and around your cheeks’ sides. So shampooing your hair is very important. The day you shampoo your hair, you may feel fresh, but the next day the scalp becomes oily and tends to attract a lot of dust on the scalp. So it’s essential to keep your scalp clean. If you feel using shampoo, regularly may worst your hair and may cause hair fall, you can use a mild shampoo and use it alternate days.
- Sunscreen: People with oily skin can use a sunscreen based on the gel and always stick to lower SPF, which is not more than SPF 30. Apply gently on face and neck area and let it dry. Over a while it becomes dry. One thing you should remember is the higher SPF is the more oily product becomes.
- Anti-ageing This is a good part about having oily skin, wrinkles tend to show much slower than that of dry skin; the skin remains youthful for longer than dry skin. You can go for any anti-ageing cream which contains tretinoin and retinol which has 0.25%. Retinol isprovel to fade wrinkles, fine lines, even tone and smoothen te skin. You can apply the cream, especially on the areas where you find fine lines. You can even go for anti-aging serums
- Make-up: There is no make-up which doesn’t cause acne, anything you apply on the face, especially those concealers, foundations and compacts may cause acne. So, it would be better to use light make-up, which is gel-based or water-based. When we talk about both the make-up, I suggest you go for water-based make-up as more light than gel-based. And try to avoid those layers of foundations keep it light and simple. When you are out for a day, I suggest using a minimal amount of concealer on the dark spots, uneven skin tone, and trying to avoid the layers of foundations on your entire face. The most important point is to remove your makeup before you go off to sleep. You can use an oil-free make-up remove and then wash your face and apply a moisturiser before you go off to bed.