Dry skin on face.
Dry skin on face could be a very annoying thing to you, especially in winters. Dry skin can occur if you are suffering from hypothyroidism, renal disease, and even diabetes. So, if you are under these conditions, you have to take excellent care of your skin to prevent dryness, as we age, our skin tends to become dry. So here are some steps of dry skin routine and treatment to follow and to maintain your skin to normal.
- Cleanser: It’s best to use soap-free cleansers, don’t go for harsh cleansers, which leaves your skin drier. Use any creamy formulated for dry skin. It is good to use anything which feels creamy on your skin. And if you have very dry skin, there is no need to wash your face twice. It’s enough for you to wash it once a day when you are off with all your work. In the morning you can wash it with plain water without any cleanser. Directly wash your face and go for a moisturiser. You need to understand that frequently washing your face with plain water throughout the day may also lead to dryness as the water also makes your skin dry. And you must apply moisturiser right after your face wash. Gently Dap your towel on your face and immediately apply moisturiser to seal the water left on your skin. I would suggest to go for BERKOWITS HAIR & SKIN CLINICS Nourish Gentle Skin Cleanser for Dry and Sensitive Skin. As it leaves your skin smooth. This soap-free formula removes dirt and impurities and helps retain skin’s moisture. It contains aloe vera, glycerin, Allantoin, and Squalene.
Aloe vera is a natural anti-ageing agent that helps to slow down the ageing appearance of the skin and improves collagen production and skin elasticity. Glycerin treats acne, skin infection, wrinkles and fine lines. Allantoin provides healing, soothing and anti-irritating properties that helps to heal wounds and stimulate growth of healthy tissue. Squalene locks moisture into your skin, helps prevent fine lines, and ease dry patches.
- Exfoliator: I would suggest you avoid any scrubs and exfoliators, as this may leave your skin very dry. But if you still want to use any exfoliators then, it is better to go for a chemical exfoliator which consists of salicylic acid and glycolic acid face wash. Apply gently on your face and leave it for 2-3 minutes and rinse it off. These chemicals will not be harsh for your skin.
- Moisturiser: many of us, get confused with what kind of moisturiser to use. To avoid your confusion, I would recommend you a cream-based moisturiser is the best for dry skin, consisting of glycerine, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, shea butter, and cocoa butter, which hydrates your skin for a long. You have to moisturise your skin twice a day, i.e. morning and night time. It is essential to use a moisturiser in the morning after a bath when ur body is still damp. Apply a good amount of moisturiser on your entire body, which helps lock this water on your skin. And the second time is your night time when you are off to sleep. While sleeping when there is an air conditioner or a heater in your room which may lead to drying your skin while you sleep. A moisturiser is the most important aspect when it comes to dry skin. Plum E-Luminence Deep Moisturizing Creme is Ultra-hydrating Moisturiser For Normal, Dry, Sensitive Skin. works wonders on dry skin. Its rich, creamy, hyderating formula which deeply moisturise skin and nourishes skin and leaves your skin soft and supple. Or else you can even go for DERMOCARE EnMoist Multivitamin Dry Skin Moisturiser Body Lotion This skin body lotion is a Dermotologist Tested Product. It moisturizes into deeply hydrated skin. This Skin moisturizer for face is made with the blend of Vitamins E, B3 and B5, penetrates deeply to help heel normal to dry skin
- Anti-ageing cream: One of the drawbacks of dry skin is wrinkles, and fine lines, these signs of ageing occur earlier than oily skin. So you must start using anti-ageing creams regularly from 25 years of age if you have dry skin. Any anti-ageing cream for fine lines, open pores, and wrinkles consists of vitamin-A which is retinol or tretinoin and can leave your skin a bit dry. So before applying anti-ageing cream, make sure that your skin is well moisturised. A good amount of moisturising cream may reduce the irritation of the skin which occurs after applying tretinoin. The application of anti-ageing creams is essential for those who have dry skin. The best would be Minimalist 2% Retinoid Anti Aging Cream for Wrinkles & Fine Lines anti-aging formula with 2% Granactive Retinoid is dermatologically tested to offer less irritation & multi-fold better effect than other retinol and retinoid derivatives. This Anti Aging Cream with Retinoids reduces all signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles, resulting in a younger firm skin. Regular use of this anti-aging serum after your 30s will prevent fine lines and wrinkles. With Vitamin A ,a potent antioxidant it reduces sun damage that further prevents premature aging due to UV rays. This serum is Fragrance-free, Silicones-free, Sulfates-free, Parabens-free, Essential Oils-free and Dyes-free. Also, it is non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic.
- Sunscreen: This also an essential step to be followed in your skincare routine. For dry skin, sunscreen must also be of a creamy formulation. Some sunscreens consist of moisturisers in it, so try to use those sunscreens with a moisturiser. I would recommend you to stick to SPF 30, which is good enough, it should be applied regularly in a good amount. I suggest you Kaya Clinic Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30. Daily moisturising sunscreen with SPF 30 not only protects your skin from harmful UV a and UV b rays but also helps maintain essential hydration and nourishment for long. With ultra boot star rating of 5, it offers the highest possible UV a protection against tanning and ageing due to sun exposure.